Planning a wedding is a monumental task, filled with dreams, details, and countless decisions. Couples embarking on this journey often wonder just how many hours it will take to bring their vision to life.
Many factors work into how many hours the wedding planning journey will take, from the size of the event, the location, the complexity of the decor to how many months the engagement period is for.
But one things for sure. On average research shows that it takes more than 400 hours to plan a wedding (that’s more than 10 working weeks!).
So why can it take so long? See below for a list of the kind of tasks you will be spending your time on during the wedding planning.
- Vendor Selection: Researching, contacting, and choosing various vendors, such as caterers, photographers, florists, and musicians, takes a significant amount of time to ensure you find the perfect fit.
- Venue Selection: Finding the ideal venue can be a time-consuming process, especially if you have specific requirements, want to site visit each venue or are planning a destination wedding.
- Guest List Management: Compiling and managing the guest list, dealing with RSVPs, and creating seating arrangements can be time-intensive, especially for larger weddings.
- Budgeting: Careful budgeting and financial planning is essential. This involves tracking expenses, comparing prices, and making adjustments as necessary.
- Multiple Meetings and Consultations: Wedding planning often involves numerous meetings and consultations with vendors and professionals to discuss details and make decisions.
- Customisation: If you want a highly personalised and unique wedding, this will involve more time spent on custom designs, decorations, and other creative aspects.
- Legal Requirements: Ensuring you have all the necessary permits and legal requirements in place can take time, especially if you’re planning a destination wedding.
- DIY Projects: Creating DIY elements for your wedding, such as handmade decorations and favors, requires additional hours of work.
- Pre-Wedding Events: Planning and organising pre-wedding events like engagement parties, bridal showers, and bachelor/bachelorette parties can add to the overall planning time.
- Timelines: Creating a comprehensive wedding timeline to ensure everything runs smoothly on the big day takes a considerable amount of time and coordination. Especially ensuring you have taken all of the suppliers preferred timing into consideration.
- Guest Accommodations: If you have out-of-town guests, coordinating their accommodations, transportation, and itineraries can be time-consuming.
- Travel Arrangements: For destination weddings, making travel arrangements for yourselves and possibly your guests can be a complex and time-intensive process.
- Decor and Aesthetics: Designing and executing the desired decor and aesthetics, including choosing color schemes, lighting plans, and floral arrangements, can be intricate and time-consuming.
- Ceremony and Reception Details: Planning the ceremony and reception timeline, including music, speeches, and special moments, demands thorough coordination.
- Food and Beverage Selection: Menu planning, tastings, and managing dietary restrictions for your guests require careful consideration and time.
- Invitations and Stationery: Designing, ordering, addressing, and sending out invitations and other stationery items can be a time-consuming task.
- Wedding Dress and Attire: Finding the perfect wedding attire, including the bride’s dress, groom’s attire, and bridal party outfits, can be a lengthy process.
- Honeymoon Planning: Coordinating your honeymoon, from choosing the destination to booking flights and accommodations, takes extra time and effort.
- Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner: Planning the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner involves coordinating with your wedding party and venue, which adds to the overall planning hours.
- Unexpected Challenges: Dealing with unexpected issues and last-minute changes, which are common in wedding planning, requires time and flexibility.
Sorry, it’s a lot. A wedding is a highly detailed and emotionally significant event that involves numerous components, and it all takes time.
So if you don’t have time for that, then that is what we are here for!
Our Wedding Planning service at Confetti & Co is built on four pillars of service. We want to:
- Save you time
- Allow you to have a fun and stress free planning experience
- Save you money
- Match the vendors to your style, budget and personality
Hiring a Confetti & Co Wedding Planner can save you countless hours by managing logistics, sourcing vendors, and handling details. Whilst it is an investment you need to consider in your wedding budget, our customers find it is money well spent. A big plus also is that you will have access to our online planning platform that can save you time on the jobs that you have to do – like writing your guest list, completing the seating plan, plus access to all of the styling decisions, wedding day timeline and budget.
Remember that wedding planning is not just about the destination; it’s about the journey. Hiring a wedding planner really will make this journey a lot more fun and create those cherished memories and is an investment in creating a day you’ll always treasure.
We would love to hear from you. Click here to book in a complimentary wedding consult.